Blazblue RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplay forum dedicated to the Blazblue universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shimazu Teahouse

Go down 
+3
Carl Clover
Neko Jay
Kinjou Shimazu
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Neko Jay
Uncertain Entity
Uncertain Entity

Anzahl der Beiträge : 214

Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 2:35 pm

Jay stood apposite of Kinjou, hearing the conditions he nodded Sounds good moving his left foot forwards and his right foot back, his clenched fists held up around his shoulders, the stance was very basic but he had the strength and speed to fall back on. After waiting a moment he burst forwards, not too fast though as his right fist pulling back slightly, as he was a mere foot away the fist shot forwards with a jab. It was a very light blow but it still had a good bit of speed behind it, it was aiming for the man's right shoulder
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Artificial Causality weapon
Kinjou Shimazu

Anzahl der Beiträge : 185

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Kinjou's trained disposition had him easily able to spot the jab, so he'd chosen to catch it outright; using his left palm to grab the man's right fist before drawing it down. After a small grin, he sent a return jab of the man's right side with a low body palm aimed for his side. Figuring that the man would show some off some of his talents in the close range at this point.
Back to top Go down
Neko Jay
Uncertain Entity
Uncertain Entity

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:29 pm

His fist had been caught, a little surprised his eyes quickly darted down looking at the other fist about to connect with his right side, his right side twisted a bit trying to minimize the damage of the attack Not bad. As he talked his left fist swung back, being careful as not to put too much power into it his fist swung downwards to hit at the left side.
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Again Kinjou's instinct had guided his forearm to elevate on second nature, raising in an adjacent manner to careful make use of the curve in his arm to shift the blow slightly to the side of his waist; while in the same motion his right knee rose and aimed for the man's right side; this advance having used his slight movement momentum in order to generate the semi-light blow from his knee-kick.
Back to top Go down
Neko Jay
Uncertain Entity
Uncertain Entity

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:46 pm

The hook wasn't hitting its mark, this man was good probably out of Jays league in such a close fight.  Things would have changed if Jay had his spear but such things couldn't be pondered at the moment because he had a knee smacking into his right side.  A small smile appeared on Jays face as he stumbled back Gah, been a while since I met someone like you his side wasn't really hurting too much, but realizing he was outclassed he wondered if he should try a different tactic. Stumbling back about a foot, he tucked in his shoulder, in one burst he charged forward with his shoulder.  The attack its self looked worse than it was considering there wouldn't be too much force behind it, probably just to push him back a little rather than actually trying to do any real damage.
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:35 pm

"Well thanks for that." was all he'd say in response to the compliment, it was nice of course, but he knew better about losing his focus and he refused to do just that. His eyes never left the man as he repositioned his shoulder for an attack, he was surprised by his sudden take off.

While the speed was surprising, the attack itself was surprisingly obvious, while he turned to the right, even in the alley's lack of space the kinkajou was able to move forward and avoid the speedy rush of the shoulder charge; deciding that it'd be best to end this, he'd kicked his left foot out in a quick arc; drawing upon a low range to force his right foot essentially drop him flat on his face. Though if the kick would succeed, then the kinkajou had already made plans to keep the man from falling flat...this was a spar after all; not something that required sincere pain to end.
Back to top Go down
Neko Jay
Uncertain Entity
Uncertain Entity

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:09 pm

Jays shoulder charged was a bust, his opponent kicked away his footing causing him to tumble, then fall on his back smacking onto the unforgiving ground. Laying on his back for a moment he simply grunted then sat up, a smile on his face as he chuckled Ahhh guess I should stick to my spear he said without thinking as he stood up, dusting himself off.   Taking off his jacket to make sure it wasn't torn which luckily it wasn't he put it back on Looks like you won this one, I really thought I would have stood a better chance. Holding out his hand for a hand shake his smile grew The names Jay.
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Well the man had recovered and that at least was something that he was pleased with, he'd politely taken his hand and shook it, this was one of the few humans he'd met that was not outright rude to him; so he felt he could do with returning the gesture. "For this I am thankful for the spar, Jay. I am Kinjou, pleased to meet you." he offered his name in turn, he did trust him on some level, even if only slightly.
Back to top Go down
Neko Jay
Uncertain Entity
Uncertain Entity

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:09 am

Kinjous name was one Jay wouldn't forget and he certainly wouldn't forget the lesson he learned from this, never fight without his weapon. That really should have gone without saying but hey, you seem to forget some simple stuff form time to time, after the hand shake was done he his right side Those were some impressive moves you got, the words he said as he walked back towards the teahouse Hope to see you again some time

He went back to his chair to finish up his tea.
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:17 am

Nodding to him, Kinjou returned to the teahouse and reclaimed his apron, happy to have gotten a bit of exercise, he was at least sure that he'd be able to keep it in mind. He had some interesting moves if not some unusual ones. As he returned to the curtained doorway, he returned to tell his grandmother of the result of their brief spar.
Back to top Go down
Neko Jay
Uncertain Entity
Uncertain Entity

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:40 am

Sitting at his chair sipping the still warm tea he was thinking on that spar, he was out matched without his spear, he knew fighting with out it wasn't really his forte but still there wasn't many people who were able to keep up with his speeds.  Tapping his finger on the cup gently he wondered if he should look into branching out and trying to learn something new to at least defend himself without the spear, he got the feeling he would be needing such skills.

After finishing his cup, he sat there for a moment thinking before he seemed to change a little to a more serious expression I may need to try and learn something from here or atleast find a place I could learn similar skills. Sitting there for a moment he wondered if he had forgotten anything, like if they come out get payment.
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 11:22 pm

Well as expected though some time later, both elder and grandchild emerged from behind the curtain, with Kinjou's grandmother approaching the table briefly, she'd lay a small piece of paper down; something simple of course in light of his service deducted the already decently priced goods, the tab had shown the original price and then revealed the reduced price. It was around 5 platinum dollars originally but had been dropped to 3 for his kind act on the spot, she had not minded a simple glass breaking as Kinjou had long since replaced it and cleaned up.

"Thank you for your patronage kind sir, I hope we see you here again." it was a nice favor she'd felt, he was at least decent; she didn't know him well and wasn't going to judge someone badly who was kind enough to assist beastkin.
Back to top Go down
Neko Jay
Uncertain Entity
Uncertain Entity

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 2:56 pm

For a moment he was still in thought wonder if asking to learn would be too much, the small piece of paper brought him back out his thoughts looking up and seeing the old woman, he gave her a light nod and a smile The tea was amazing. His hand went into his pocket as he properly read over to recite blinking for a moment, he wanted to just give them the three platinum pieces but something in him told him to give the five pieces, listening to the more charitable side of himself he put down five platinum dollars, feeling this was the right thing to do.  

Getting up he grabbed his bag and slung it over his shoulder realizing that he forgot his sunglasses that were just laying on the table. Picking them up he walked off, thinking about if he should go after a bounty that could hopefully let him show off his spear skills, walking quickly he had decided that he would come back again some time, hopefully next time would have less thugs.

--> ???
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 3:28 am

The Elder kinkajou smiled at the words and nodded to the man as he left, though upon picking up the bill and finding the extra platinum dollars, she could not help but be pleased. He was certainly a nice person to have left the extra tip. Turning to her grandson who was cleaning the table and removing the dishes, she spoke very briefly to him.

"You see child? Dignity has its place, even if the perseverance is hard to deal with. In the end it can be worth all suffering." The beastkin woman well knew what her grandson struggled with day in and day out, the simple fact he could hardly contain himself at one time or another was no surprise to her. But she knew that if she and his parents kept him on the right path, he'd stay true to it.

"I'll go off, I had some bounty hunting to do today, Oba-chan. I'll come back later!" his brief endearment was much to her liking. He showed his respect every time, despite the darkness that strode behind his every word now an again as it seemed. While he finished the dishes and had cleared his duties for the time being. The youthful vigilante was off on a mad dash with his ji-halberd in hand, since it was about that time to find a fool or two to help pay the bills.

(Exuent) ~~~~~~~~~~>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:29 pm

---------------(From the NOL Branch)------------------------>
Erring in the lower areas after her defeat, Youna stumbled on the roads of Orient Town. Everything looked so feisty and vividly color... except her, walking lividly like a zombie, and seeing everything much darker than it really was... I can't succeed... no matter how hard I try...
Suddenly, a voice called out to her: "Youna-chan!"
The white-haired girl turned her face around to see one of her friends, draped in a very traditional-looking green Japanese dress with lots of leaf motifs drawn upon them. It was one of her school friends: Kaname Takamori. But what was she doing here at that exact moment? There couldn't have been any worse moment for them to see each other, except probably Youna's death bed... The green-haired tall girl continued speaking "What brings you here in rugged knightess cosplay..?
- Nobody told you..?"
Youna sighed. Of course her parents never told anybody the kind of job she had taken. "There are some things I have to tell you..." Noticing the monotone in her friend's voice, Kaname started worrying. "This is true: we need to talk. Mind if I invite you to take some tea? I know a fine place for us to go to..." That said, she headed towards the Shimazu Teahouse. "The company isn't the finest, but there is have a brand of wisdom to it. Please, come with me..." Youna lacked words, but followed her friend to the place. "Greetings. Could we please have a table with two seats?", Kaname said upon going inside, minding her manners and waiting for someone to assign them to a table, keeping Youna at her side. That was Kaname, assertively taking everything in her hands and knowing what to do: the opposite of Youna, who was a poor lost insecure klutz who just failed at everything.
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:01 pm

"Welcome to the Pale Lotus Teahouse, please if you two will have a seat at any table that you wish to." The elder beastkin woman gestured to the right, while she stood up to guide the two over to a table near the center; she'd set down two napkins and two menus. "Here you are, honorable guests, if you'll make yourself comfortable I will return with water." she had intended to serve these two well. With Kinjou gone it would be just her and she was fine with that; having been a veteran in any of the service present.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 8:35 pm

Kaname nodded and bowed in respect to the older beastkin woman, addressing her with proper thanks before picking a table with only two seats, so Youna would be face-to-face with her. They had to talk.
First, the two girls stared at each other's eyes. Kaname's deep green eyes stared into Youna's dull blue eyes as Youna wouldn't open the conversation.
"Where did you go during the vacations? We were waiting for you at school, so everyone wondered why you didn't show up at the classes...
- I dropped out. I wouldn't have gone far anyway...
- What happened to you, Youna? I never knew you this depressed...
- Oh, that... It's nothing...
- Youna... I know there's something. Please, tell me..."

The green-hair was trying to make the discussion short, but Youna just didn't want to tell. If Kaname elevated her voice, that could attract attention. The vigilante girl didn't want to talk any more about her secret side; it made her feel more horrible than anything.
Kaname gave up on forcing Youna to confess.
"Once the water comes, I will share something with you... I'm still a bit nervous about this...", she said giggling tensely. Youna gulped. She knew Kaname for being a well-behaved lady-in-training; her getting nervous meant serious things were happening, and she didn't like that feeling of cold sweat on her temple: she could see it in her friend's eyes and hear it even through that crystal-clear voice: this was going to hurt her. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 10:30 pm

The elderly beastkin woman returned with the water on a tray and of course despite her age in appearance, she'd seemed to be quite normal; she'd leaned over rather carefully and set down the two waters on the table between the two girls. Just while she flicked her tail tip lightly, just offering her two guests a smile and a small word. "Your water ladies, please take your time looking over our menu." still the look on her face was nothing but pleasant, she was sure that something was going about between the young women; experience if anything could help her see the look on one of their faces was enough to let her know it was time to return to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 9:49 am

Both girls thanking the wise woman-beast who had served them with much-welcomed water - each of them her own way - they averted her eyes from her and quickly looked at each other in the eyes again. Youna just stared at her friend taking a sip of her glass - or whatever they used as such over here, she wasn't quite accustomed to the place, clearing her throat and finally spouting her words with her determined yet soft-sounding voice: "I needed to talk to you about love."
Youna was slightly taken aback: how could her friend's love life could be this important to her? Yet that chill down her temple drove her even more tense. What was wrong with her?
"With your absence at school, I started worrying, so... I perhaps acted on impulse, but I wanted to make the best of my time...
- You're making it long... What's the big picture?"
, Youna responded with her usual depressed voice that suddenly had become a tiny bit raspy from impatience.
"Fine, I will talk without any detours. I am engaged with Kyo."
The last five words sounded like nothing and everything simultaneously to Youna. She didn't even listen, yet she also felt a metaphorical spear drive through her heart. Her gaze went blurry while she was thinking to herself. Everything that she went through for the boy of her dreams, the hard life of fighting and getting beaten up, the harshness her parents suddenly took towards her in order to help her build her treasure to help him, her crushing failure at grabbing the ninety-thousand-billion platinum dollar bounty, her tolerance of cohabitation with an evil spirit; all of that was for absolutely nothing. Her friend had grabbed the reward while she was busy getting the means to her end!
Her mouth went agape as her world crumbled before her as she kept thinking. Kaname's voice surprised her out of her thinking trance: "Err, Youna? You look pale. Perhaps you should take a sip too?"
Youna's green-haired friend had no idea of what she had done by that. Water wouldn't heal a broken heart. Yet Youna did down her glass of water in one go, letting some dripple down the sides of her face, like some kind of drunkard. She knew the revelation would hurt, but she didn't expect that. The pain just wouldn't go away.
"Youna, are you alright?" Seeing the poor girl like that, the young lady had justifiably voiced her concern. But it was too late, Youna would get none of it. That was just twisting the knife in the wound. But her voice didn't show any hate as she answered: "Yeah, I... I'm going to the toilets now...". It was the dull, lifeless voice of someone who had lost everything that the vigilante-girl had as she stood up and walked limp and livid to try and find the toilets by herself.
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 3:24 pm

While Youna headed towards the rest room, the elderly beastkin emerged from the backroom and had come to her side for a moment. Clearly concerned by the look upon her patron's face, she offered a simple hand. "Begging your pardon, Is there anything I can do for you, young one?" she left this open ended and vague, since she was troubled by the appearance of the young woman's face, which seemed to have gotten much worse since she arrived here. Certainly she did not know what was bothering her, but the sadness would have been hard to miss for anyone who would be empathic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 8:00 am

As Youna was headed to the toilets to let her tears out, she was accosted by the owner of the place who stopped her dead in her tracks. Just someone who thinks they can help me?, she thought in distaste at the other's approach. But only Florence could hear that: the beastkin would only hear the young girl's dull voice as she said: "... No. Nothing." Her voice sounded a bit snappy about that last word, not to mention she was being impolite, but she was on the verge of crying, and in a hurry. Biting her lip to not cry out loud yet, she took her steps past the elder beast-woman and headed to the toilets. Closing the doors behind her, she just stared at the nearest wall and leaned her arms against it to cry and scream out of her lungs as her restrained emotional pain was let out so suddenly it was almost unrecognizable. Why couldn't the ring heal that too? But such a thing exists... There is a solution.
I won't kill myself for you, Florence.
Why this answer, little girl? I didn't even mean this way.
You mean... there is another way..?
Of course. You feel hurt so much because you can solely think about that. You just have to keep doing what you're doing and pushing yourself a bit more. After all, if you stop thinking, all the pain just goes away.

Youna didn't know what to answer... Her heart was still hurting her, but she had stopped screaming, just lying there back to the wall lifelessly, her legs having let down of her as she was sitting on the ground...
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Hearing the girl's dismissal of her did make the beastkin frown, the problem was a deep personal one and without a doubt had to do with her friend. Upon hearing the girl's loud wails of pain and anguish, the matronly side of her wished to comfort the girl. It was not her business in passing, but it was within her shop; if it persisted then she would try a more forward approach to helping her. Sometimes a complete stranger could help in a situation they knew nothing about.

Last edited by Kinjou Shimazu on Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:57 am

Youna just sat where she was, back against the wall like a useless lump. Tears still kept flowing down her face as she was almost silent...
You can't stop thinking about that boy?, Florence taunted. Youna's response was physical, and violent: she just threw the ring violently at the opposite wall, letting it bound of the surface and land with a thud. She was almost desperately waiting for someone to save her; not Florence coming with her twisted ways, and not Kaname, who had just taken her motivation away...
But while she felt like running away from this place, or rather away from this half-life, she didn't move an inch...
Back to top Go down
Kinjou Shimazu
Kinjou Shimazu

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:59 pm

"Young Patron, I'm coming in." it was not her business, but this situation was a little too much for her not to respond, while the elder generally respected privacy the sound of the ring pattering against the wall and the wails from earlier had weighed in on her mind. Against her better judgment, she entered the bathroom and spied the girl slumped down against the wall. "You owe me no explanation, but goodness be, I cannot leave anyone in such a state." the beastkin woman knelt down before the younger woman and embraced her, in a very motherly fashion, her arms curled around her back and drew her into a warm embrace. It was just not in her to leave suffering where it lay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 9:57 am

Confused, crying, and empty-feeling, Youna didn't physically react in the slightest to the elder beastkin's arrival. Her embrace did feel warm, but her body was already almost fever-hot due to the vigilante wannabe's recent burst of anger and frustration. In fact, her blood would be boiling and going to her head in a matter of seconds...
All the words she heard felt devoid of meaning, despite the proof of insight; so she just did what she felt like doing: crying wordlessly against the shoulder that had just lent itself to her. It was a slight comfort in and of itself, even though she didn't associate the slightest bit with the person who tried to care for her. It was raw unbridled instinct in her longing for someone who could help her, even though she wasn't even voicing her problems...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shimazu Teahouse   Shimazu Teahouse - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shimazu Teahouse
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next