Blazblue RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplay forum dedicated to the Blazblue universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kageo-kaka
Izanami
Izanami

Anzahl der Beiträge : 911

Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante  Empty
PostSubject: Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante    Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Name: Kinjou Shimazu

Race: Beastkin- Kinkajou (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinkajou)

Appearance: As a Kinkajou Beastkin, his skin holds a soft brown tawny coat, with his ears and tail both sharing the soft color shade of his body. Having a decent musculature, his body appears still lean and powerful; with visible definition of his form. His eyes are iridescent green and reflect in light the same shade, his hair is a chestnut brown shade and back-length. A few scars bore along his lower chest and abs from various training scars.

Clothing of choice: He wears a light blue vest with blank bands criss-crossing into the blue, openly so the tattoo of a two plain black-ink dueling dragons biting at one another's necks. To his lower torso: black martial arts pants with a golden belt, wearing black socks inside of light blue sandals with golden bands around the ankle region.

Loyalty: Ikaruga and his family

Personality: Tempered by a rustic lifestyle in Ikaruga and scarred by bigotry, Kinjou is a discerning and reflective at first glance. Attempting to adjust to a life that has been a whirlwind of change under the shadow of the Novus Orbis Librarium. While instilled with good principles and a foundation of how to live life, his problems are still prevalent. He bears the odium towards the mistreatment of beastkin by humans; something that leads him to detest the N.O.L., with whom he blames foremost for the trouble of his people. With the destruction of his former homeland by the Librarium, his focal point of hatred was now the very government that he worked for. As a vigilante, he makes his living by collecting bounty heads and knows that he cannot afford to act suspiciously. Knowing he must keep the darkness buried away in order to appear non-threatening, granted he was from Ikaruga did not help him any. This left him assured that the N.O.L. would crush rebellion in the smallest form, Kinjou has taken small action by becoming rooted in the community of Orient Town and keeping his ear open for any whispers of the Librarium and the actions they might take.

Weaponry: Huang-Long is a Chinese Ji, a polearm bearing an alloy rod of 5 feet which bears a heavy spear heavy with an extension of a crescent blade to the right of the main blade. A weapon that had been a relic of the family as far back as is known, while aged the spear appears to be of a sturdy construction and while not indestructible is unlikely to break prematurely (Unless subject to great force/stronger weapon/etc.). It is known for its unique ability to channel the inner-energy of the wielder and act as a conduit of sorts.

Abilities:  
-Beastkin Attributes: Having the physical capabilities of a beastkin, Kinjou is naturally equipped with greater attributes than the average human. This allowing him to have: Inhuman reflexes, strength, speed, and durability.
-Ki'an: The Shimazu Family's method of wielding ki, summoned through means of controlling the breath patterns; its greatest weakness is the time it takes to gather the energy (this can be disrupted by the process being interrupted in battle).while no different than general forms of the energy form, has been known to linger on opponents who are stricken by it, more a visible aesthetic and very minor damage to opponents. Its color upon use is a shade of pale gold.
-Taeken's Kick: The main Shimazu family's martial arts focusing on close and mid-range offensive/defensive kicks, with a few punching forms meant to maximize the effectiveness of the upper body. Has a unique form to allow the ranged tail of a kinkajou in combat.
-Shimazu Spear Style: Is a well-rounded spear style that allows the spear to be wielded in close range (by gripping the spear's upper section and wielding it in close quarters), mid range defense, and long range thrusting.

History: Born to a meager but happy household in Ikaruga, the third child of Shimazu Family is also the youngest, he was stuck with the most burdening position in the family, wanting more to his life than being a vigilante he'd hoped to discover another job; even though his father and brother's being viliantes had been the Shimazu family's only means of support and left them with very limited means of social mobility. Receiving what might be a general education of basic knowledge provided by his grandmother and parents, left his view on life somewhat open. While within limits of its own, it left the young beastkin time to learn the ways of the family's styles; throwing himself into the only distraction from the surrounding degrees of bigotry he experienced on the every day basis. Assisting his mother and grandmother's small tea stand, he would listen to mockery, snide comments, and the occasional hateful statement. With which had he ever reacted towards, he was immediately corrected by his father; who explained to him that humility and perserverence were more important than his will to respond. While his mother attempted to keep her son from learning hatred; the efforts were sadly lost for it was the day that the family were forced relocated by the war that had erupted between the Ikarugan Federation and the Librarium ruined any hope for it to stay.

It was during this difficult time that he received the worst treatment, with his family's meager standing and little time to actually watch the youngest, he was often passed to human sitters who would watch him; where his mistreatment was far worse than anything experienced at the tea stand. With lingering experiences from many humans while growing up, the forced move by the Librarium's war, and word that his homeland was burned to the ground had solidified a deep hatred for the very people his father associated with. Hoping to weed the darkness from his son's heart, both of Kinjou's parents took any free time and dedicated it to his instruction in the martial arts; seeking to discipline their child and broaden his degree of understanding with the hope of warding off the hatred and teaching him control. The minor success of the instruction somewhat being helped by the move to Orient Town: where the bigotry towards Beastkin seemed to be less, assisted in his tempering. It was during this period of time that Kinjou hardened his heart and forged a 'mask of calm' in order to better allow him to hold back his parents concern for him. Given the task of leading martial arts instruction in the small dojo at the back of their home, this role of leadership helped to keep him in line and taught him more discerning merits to his self-control and taught him the fundamentals to making moves carefully. With these new skills learned over a few years of instructing the dojo, at the age of 24 Kinjou picked up a second job by choice, one where he could carefully gather his own intel on the N.O.L. and their actions without making any foolish movements: becoming a vigilante. With his plans slowly moving towards a motion, Kinjou intended to get involved in the restoration of Ikaruga as subtly as possible while biding his time for action against the N.O.L.; timing would be everything.

RP Sample: (Its me Kageo again obviously, if you need more I can give it :3)

Last edited by Kageo-kaka on Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nu-13
Admin
Nu-13

Anzahl der Beiträge : 530

PostSubject: Re: Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante    Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 10:19 am

Other than the fact that i have no idea what a Kinkajou is, and that you should probably explain it, i`m not sure if you`d see much action anytime soon.. sure people come across Ronin Gai where you´d be, but since you choose to stay out of the major things for now, it´d obviously take a while for you to get involved with the story...

Well, so long as you´re fine with that- the rest of the sheet looks good, and i don`t think its fair to disapprove just because i cannot use Google and look up Kinkajous.

I approve, with one approval and zero disapprovals.
Back to top Go down
http://blazbluerpg.home-forum.com
Nu-13
Admin
Nu-13

Anzahl der Beiträge : 530

PostSubject: Re: Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante    Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 11:47 am

Bump.
Back to top Go down
http://blazbluerpg.home-forum.com

PostSubject: Re: Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante    Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:02 pm

So, with my newfound moderatorhood, I think my first action will be here.
Enough chit-chat, on to work.

Since we've known Kinjou rather well for having seen him in action (or lack thereof) in the previous RP, you'd understand my reticence about bringing him back.
Also, I too don't know what the hell a Kinkajou is supposed to be, and I don't really want to make the effort to look at wikipedia if you don't make the effort of putting a link in your sheet.
Now, to the sheet itself.
His personality section feels a bit awkward because while he hates the NOL, he's not one to badmouth them either: that makes me feel like he could as well end like he did in the previous one: doing nothing but random things he wanders into.
His weapon also gives me just a little pause because humans naturally have so little energy even a little spark has more energy that we have ciruclating throughout our entire body at any second.
Also, making entirely new concepts isn't gonna work. A new unknown energy dubbed ki'an? What is it? Just tell it's ki, it's easier and much more easy to understand. After all, how would he of all people know of an energy Litchi (she's a somewhat-good ki user) or Bang (supposedly the same since the flame effects on his specials in the games look the same as hers) don't? And how is ki'an any different from ki (if it is)? As for the fighting styles, close-fighting kick forms of Taeken? Care to explain the principles of the fictional martial arts you give him knowledge of. That also goes for his family's style of spearwielding.
His history is a high point in my mind, given that he lives up to it. It would be only normal for one who has been racially discriminated AND discriminated for being an immigrant to despise his mistreators in return. I don't even know if you can play that, but I have high hopes for him.

It is a yes, but only if I get the explanations I asked for, which are:

1- The ki'an thing
2- His fighting styles -- or rather their focus and intentions. Are those killing arts focusing on reactions and instincts? Are they rather self-defense arts with heavy focus on grappling and holds? Or just the style to be simplistic but practical?

Since I got the explanations, no more reason to hold this back:

APPROVALS: 02
DISAPPROVALS: 00

Moved, locked and approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante    Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinjou Shimazu, Ikarugan Vigilante
Page 1 of 1