Blazblue RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplay forum dedicated to the Blazblue universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tea house break

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carlyle Ardént
NINJA OF LOVE AND JUSTICE
Carlyle Ardént

Anzahl der Beiträge : 26

Tea house break  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:08 am

With a stiff jerk the Sentinel removed his hand from hers, slipping it under his mantle to rest with his pendant awkwardly. No doubt it was unsettling to feel such freezing and lifeless fingers - no human could be so cold, and it was clear that she was putting the pieces together. His rotten eyes practically audible as they span dryly, he glanced at the waiter with unintended menace. "... She would like some fresh water." he requested, turning back to Mika. He wasn't a doctor, but a cool drink could help lighten the blow. He growled lowly, trying to grab the confused girl's attention. "... Don't you, officer?"
Any more cake or sugar would surely lead to nightmares.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

Anzahl der Beiträge : 29

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:25 am

Turning her head Mika stared at the man I would not she spoke with a low growl He asked what you wanted she emphasized you as she spoke, Mika never did like it when someone told her what she wanted. Her hands clenched together as she sat there staring at Carlyle even more suspicious of him His touch..it was cold and lifeless..what has the Libream being doing to him ? The waiter looked at the two silently lamenting putting Carlyle so close to her.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 10:40 am

Carlyle frowned, his thumb idly brushing against the rough brown rust of the pendant's casing. "... I would... I would like some hot chocolate." he muttered shyly, fidgeting on his seat. He could neither taste nor feel, yet the warm drink carried oh so many memories - of lazy days at home; hours of time with her, when the world wasn't such a strange and dangerous place. He glanced between Mika and the waiter, practically feeling the woman's stare. She still needed to order, yet she seemed far too distracted. "... Well?" he muttered, "You may speak for yourself, officer."
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 1:25 pm

The waiter sighed and gave Carlyle a nod Certainly sir he said before turning to Mika, who was now looking up at him Green tea and more cookies she said with a glare. The waiter gave weak chuckle as he walked off wondering how one person could eat so much. Mika turned to Carlyle Whats your deal then, your skin is far too cold for a living person she said now clutching onto her sword What exactly are you ?
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 2:41 pm

"If you eat any more biscuits I... Could ask you the same question..." Carlyle muttered dryly, a poor attempt at a laugh sounding like a sputtering old hag coughing out her lungs. It was clear for metres that he wasn't truly human - there were reasons aplenty that he wore such a heavy mantle, hid behind his muffler and remained so quiet. There was no escaping her curiosity now.
No escape from what he was now.
The Sentinel brushed his mantle like an ornate curtain, clutching onto the firm brooch that held his weapon - a longbow - securely onto his back. "... Neither a living person." he exhaled, tentatively squeezing it, "... Nor a resting corpse". Behind the brooch that sat over his chest was Mika's answer.
And so many more questions.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 9:44 pm

Mika glared a the man, her expression changed to a more concerned one however when he began to cough ? It almost sounded like he was laughing. H-hey she moved forwards a little again That didn't sound healthy..and what do you mean neither living or dead ? She looked at the man like he was mad You are probably just sick or something those long nights must have done a number one you. She was refusing to believe something could be not living nor dead and stand like this man was.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 8:54 am

Hesitantly the Sentinel's hand fell from his mantle, settling on his lap with a quiet thud. Part of him feared that the woman simply wouldn't be able to accept the truth - while another worried she might faint at the sight of what sat behind his brooch; or rather what didn't.
"... Yes." he agreed, once again fumbling for his pendant as if it were some sort of physical complex. "... You could say that, yes." Carlyle glanced at Mika briefly, grimacing out of irritation, "Being a nightwatchman is a... Draining... exercise..."
Hours upon hours of silence. Hours upon hours of void.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:52 pm

The waiter returned with Carlyles hot chocolate and Mikas green tea with cookies Here you go he said put them down at there respective tables.  With one quick motion Mika tore open the cookies and chomped down on a few before sipping her green tea You do know we get breaks right she herself only had a few breaks even year but she at least took them Working every day like that isn't good for you ya know she said this without question.
Again crumbs where everywhere on her uniform, by the look of it Mika didn't really care for it too much however her sword didn't have a single crumb near it.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 2:38 pm

Carlyle raised his bleached hand testingly, letting the trembling limb hover above the simmering steam of his beverage. He could feel the dampness of condensation gripping onto his fingertips, yet he didn't experience the sensation of heat caressing his digits.
Breaks?
Guess this qualified - in the broadest definition of the term.
The Sentinel hooked his finger into the hot chocolate's handle, holding it stiffly yet with surprisingly sophisticated poise. "Neither is eating biscuits..." he frowned disapprovingly, brushing his frozen lips against the rim of his mug. He expected the cliche of his body bursting to life with its warmth; yet of course nothing changed - nothing ever did. "Your uniform may... Stain... If you are not careful, officer."
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 8:29 am

Mike let out an annoyed groan, she heard this many times before from others. The uniforms were always cleaned to an amazing degree so she didn't really care for any crumbs getting on it Its fine, there just crumbs. She looked over at the man keeping any eye on him, he seemed..cold the feeling of his wasn't going away, to be honest it was making her more worried by the moment, as though Carlyle was about to fall over dead. But then again he did just say he was nor dead or alive.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 7:07 pm

One look at the fury in her eyes confirmed that there was simply no reasoning with her. Feebly he sipped at his hot chocolate, bearing no notice to its scorching touch. "It is childish, but... It is your choice." he muttered, delicately resting the mug on the table. There were no dried coffee rings or marks to be found: The teahouse was immaculate.
They often said Heaven was too.
Maybe the drink was good for him; his thoughts certainly felt a bit less foggy, well - his short-term memory at least. "... Mika, wasn't it?" he questioned, idly running his finger along the rim of his drink. He'd done something akin to that whilst drinking with Elisa some coffee break long ago - whatever they were talking about then, it made her laugh with her beautiful little giggle.. "Mika... I shall need to remember that name, officer." he paused and froze in perfect still, as did his finger. "... May I... Try... One of your biscuits?"
Nostalgia tended to be a great medicine.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 5:06 pm

She sipped at the green tea, she still had half a packet left of her cookies, at the mention of her name she looked over at Carlyle, the man seemed to be rather air headed to her at the moment. He seemed like he was in deep thought either that or his body finally gave way and he had died sitting down, him asking for a cookie made her jump a little as he was frozen in place.
Uh..sure ? she said rather confused as she pulled out a cookie and stretched out her arm to hand it to him. Something about this man was seeming familiar to her, something about his actions and the way he was talking, he almost seemed like an old man who was talking to a grand child almost.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 6:47 pm

Stiffly raising his arm and tugging the snack from her grasp, he placed it atop his mug with a dull clunk and tended to the tense limb. Flexing his decrepit bones irritably, he bowed his head in thanks. "Are they... Good?" he inquired, staring at the warmly sculpted art of a master baker. Even if he lacked even a basic sense of taste, he'd prefer it if he knew what sensation his dried, droopy tongue should have been experiencing. "I trust your tastes."  he concluded. Drawing the biscuit to his chops like a card dealer raising his hand, he snapped a chunk off with his straightened teeth.
He'd long forgotten the famed art of chewing.
The air, the scent, the scenery, the company...

He liked it like this: Calm and warm, with no watch to worry about. Carlyle gently smiled, awkwardly mimicking Mika's nibbles from moments prior with slow deliberation - every motion was a conscious effort. "... This is... Nice."
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:23 am

Mika looked confused at the man, as though it were obvious how great the cookies tasted Of course they are ! she said nibbling at one the cookies here were always baked so well they were the best in town to her.  She looked over at the man noting how he seemed to move slowly as he nibbled at the cookie, she saw something of a smile on his face it was kind of nice seeing the man enjoying himself, as though she were with an elderly family member.
She looked away and sipped at her green tea, the atmosphere became more calming it seemed as she put down the empty tea cup, the waiter came by and took it away and grumbled as he walked away something about having to clean the couch.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:37 am

From the tip of his tongue words lingered, anxious yet dubious to make theirselves formed and heard. To be truly honest he rarely got to speak to others in general, let alone to fellow members of the NOL outside his "doctor". "Mika." he muttered quietly, firmly rubbing his fingers together to rid them of crumbs. "If you do not mind my asking..." Carlyle found his dirtied hand clenching for his pendant once more, the rusted texture feeling different under his thumb. "Does the Librarium ever... Scare you?"
With time's passing he'd became increasingly questioning of the organisation's actions. It was amusing in retrospect: As a young man the NOL had stood as a beacon of honour and protection in his life - he'd often play games as a brave soldier keeping the realm safe as a boy, seeing thin twigs as elongated rapiers. Yet now, dragged from the dirt to do their bidding and face their twisted examinations - forever forced to walk, to watch and to wait?
He could only scream silently.
For even the dead know fear.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 10:51 am

Mika turned her head towards Carlyle as he spoke her name Hmm ? she hummed questioning why he spoke her name, her brow raised as the man was questioning if it was okay for him to as a question Sure. She wasn't sure what the question was but it couldn't be that bad could it ? As the man spoke Mikas expression said it all, her brows furrowed a little as she seemed to tense up a little as she looked around a little before answering the man A little, to be honest it scared her a lot at times.
It was obvious by her looks she seemed to have some problems with the Librium Asking such a question.. she narrowed her eyes at him Be careful when you blurt out her tone actually sounded a little worried. It seems the old man was growing on her slightly. He wasn't so bad.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:06 am

The Sentinel bowed his head apologetically, yet it was clear that he was thankful - at least he wasn't alone in his fears, and it seemed that her words were more a warning than a threat. "I... Haven't been with the Librarium for a long period..." he admitted, tilting his head as if it weighed him down. It wasn't until that fateful winter night that he was conscripted into the Librarium's ranks - for justice, for valour, and for revenge. "I was just a civilian, but... Some things happened..." Carlyle furrowed his brow inquisitively, his blank eyes swiveling to meet hers. "... Have you been an officer for long, Elisa... Mika?"
Every flame had its fuel.
His was simple retribution.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:23 am

Mikas curiosity was peaked as he spoke about being a civilian, but then her brows raised a little in confusion as her head tilted a little Did you just call me Elisa ? her tone was soft and clam, showing no hostilely like earlier. She shrugged a little figuring he was just having a hard time remembering For a couple years.. she said before pulling her katana over and gripping onto it I got this a few years back as well..they gave it to me for..! She chuckled a little looking down S-so what was that about you being a civilian ? quickly changing topics.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 11:35 am

He was equally glad for this changing of topics, mentally kicking himself in the shin for making such a foolish slip. "I... I was once a businessman - not a soldier..." he answered, raising his chin to flex his stiffening neck. The Ardent family were an innocent group who headed the trade of resources across the Hierarchical Cities, ranging from medicine to food. "... The Librarium were simply our... Associates... Then."
What had happened to the Ardent fortune?
No doubt it belonged to the Librarium now.
Carlyle's eyes caught the glimmering length of Mika's sword, which he tracked like a feline drawn to a laser pointer. "... That is an impressive blade." he nodded, his best attempt at a cheeky grin spreading across his lips. "... You were given it for...?"
He wasn't going to be the only one telling secrets.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:17 pm

Mika rubbed her chin as the man spoke, this was strange why would the Librium use a civilian for such a thing ? And the name sounded a little familiar she probably heard it ages ago. She noticed the old mans eyes trailing down her sword as a cat would when presented with a laser pointer Oh my sword ? she looked rather flustered I..didn't do much I uh got for my hard work she weakly chuckled.
Her head sank a little T-that's not convincing is it.. she said looking up a little S-since you told me your secret I suppose I can explain mine she leaned over a little and in quieter manner spoke to him I..wasn't supposed to get this, a more skilled swordsman was to get it but she..died..and they said in her will the blade was to go to me... this was obviously a sad and painful tale to tell for her, as she didn't properly gain the blade through normal means.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:33 pm

As if they weighed a tonne his lips flipped to an elongated frown, the change pronounced by a low growl of displeasure. While it was an intriguing tale, he was certain that the young officer wasn't truly comfortable with sharing her story. "... Apologies." he muttered lowly, glancing at the contents of his mug - ice cold by now, no doubt. "I did not mean to... Sadden... You, Mika."
He never did, yet he always would.
Carlyle kept his head bowed like an ashamed hound, awkwardly murmuring to himself in thought. "I am certain you were chosen rightly." the Sentinel's lip flinched, almost as if he were suppressing rising tears. He was no psychologist, but he knew strength when he found it. "... May your... Acquaintance... Rest easy..."
Like his dearest wife in the clouds.
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 12:55 pm

Mika shook her head No need to apologize she said with a comforting tone in her voice patting at the mans shoulder I've already spent much time mourning..if I did any more I would be dishonoring her memories.. the sword seemed to hum a little at Carlyes words, but only Mika would hear it, she looked down at the blade and gave a little smile Maybe..your right.
Once again she gave the mans shoulder a gentle pat as she scooted back to her seat properly placing the blade down S-sorry for my earlier..actions.. she said looking down sheepishly obviously ashamed of how she reacted to the man when they first met.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2014 1:08 pm

"Less thinking, more acting..." Carlyle muttered in approval, at last bringing his hand from his pendant. Elisa may be gone, but he'd been given another chance to live. Something told him that she wouldn't want him to mope and weep in mourning for eternity - she would want him to move on, just as Mika's friend would. "... Wise thoughts."
He didn't expect the serenity of her voice, nor the comforting touch.
Strange how different the shell was to the core.
The Sentinel glimmered a faint red - he hadn't felt such gentle hands since his death so long ago. Beyond the flurried fists of criminals and the sterilised, freezing prods of scientists he had nothing else. "I-I took no offence, officer." he stammered, sinking behind his mantle to let the crimson fade. "As for the waiter... And his other customers..." he continued, "Perhaps we owe... Jay... An apology?"
Back to top Go down
Zhao
Zhao

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 am

She tilted her head a little noticing the small redness on his cheeks Ah..we should she said gently taking a cookie and nibbling at the, the redness felt a little warm to her for some reason, it wasn't actually giving off heat for her but..she just had a feeling. As they were speaking of Jay he came by to check on them Its rather quite here..was half expecting you two to be knocked out.. he weakly chuckled obviously joking.
Mika looked up at Jay with a rather childish look, she looked like a child who was embarrassed to have to apologize S-sorry for the um..commotion earlier.. she said bowing slightly to a rather confused yet happy Jay Uh.no problem.
Back to top Go down
Carlyle Ardént
Carlyle Ardént

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2014 9:58 am

"Likewise." Carlyle mirrored, glad that the waiter wasn't one of the more argumentative ones that frequented Kagutsuchi's more shady areas. "Apologies, sir."
The Sentinel made a surprisingly swift gesture, whipping out his arm with a subtle crack of bone and examining his wrist - he had no watch, much to his disappointment. "... Do you have the time, Mika?" he inquired, tilting his head curiously. The Librarium would be quite displeased if he sat around any longer - he'd already been breaking several of the rules his doctor had set him when he'd arrived at the tea-house. "I should... Return... To my patrol."
From a safe haven to tedium, in just a few steps.
He couldn't help but smile sheepishly at Mika's childish expression, feeling like a parent on a day-trip with their youth. Part of him hoped that she was still on her break as he wobbled to his feet, scraping back his chair. "And you...?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tea house break    Tea house break  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tea house break
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blazblue RPG :: Limbo&Practice :: Free Time-
Jump to: