Blazblue RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A play-by-post roleplay forum dedicated to the Blazblue universe.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bullet
Carl Clover
Carl Clover
Bullet

Anzahl der Beiträge : 10

Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF Empty
PostSubject: Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 11:02 am

So, I happen to be a long-time fan of the historic 2D fighting game The King Of Fighters, which I have been playing since the first chapter came out back in 1994.
The main characteristic of the game is that battles are fought 3-on-3: the roster is organized in teams of 3 individuals, which share backgrounds, overall stories, or some sort of other reasons to be together; while the players are free to pick any 3 fighters and put them together to try and play through the game, you'll only get to see the ending cutscenes that are relevant to the overall plot if you use one of the canonic teams.

So yeah, I just thought that this could be fun: if you had to create the same environment, with the same mechanics, for Blazblue, how would the teams look like? What teams would you throw together, and why?
Peronally, I thought of these teams:

Ragna team
-Ragna
-Tao
-Rachel
Ragna is quite the solitary guy, so it's kinda hard to figure out a team for him... However, Tao and Rachel are probably the two characters that have supported him the most, and have tagged along with him the longer, so yeah...

NOL team
-Jin
-Tsubaki
-Noel
Pretty straightforward: these 3 people were all in the NOL Academy together, with Tsubaki being Jin's love interest and Noel being his direct subordinate, so I think it's easy to see them in a team, even if Jin maybe wouldn't be THAT happy to have Noel around all the time...

Hero team
-Hakumen
-Valkenhayn
-Platinum
Even more straightforward: these 3 people are all former members of the Six Heroes, so they have an obvious reason to be together...

Sector Seven team
-Tager
-Lambda
-Makoto
After Makoto betrayed NOL, these 3 people worked together in Sector Seven, so it makes sense to form a team...

Vigilante team
-Bang
-Litchi
-Carl
Bang cosiders Carl to be his young apprentice, and Litchi is his love interest, so yeah...

Have different ideas for the characters I mentioned? Have ideas for those I left out? Post here!
Back to top Go down
Nu-13
Admin
Nu-13

Anzahl der Beiträge : 530

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Personally, my Ragna team would consist of Ragna, Kagura and Celica/Minerva OR Nu-13

NOL team being Tsubaki, Hazama and Relius

Hero team Hakumen, Jubei and Nine or Valkenhayn

Sector Seven team Tager, Makoto and Kokonoe, because Lambda in storyline kinda sucks

Vigilante team sounds good, though i would exchange Carl for Tao, because Carl has no reason to exist.
Back to top Go down
http://blazbluerpg.home-forum.com

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Nu wrote:
Vigilante team sounds good, though i would exchange Carl for Tao, because Carl has no reason to exist.
Tell me Tao exists for a reason. I dare you. At least Carl has Relius to get back at. Tao is literally NOTHING.

I'll be honest here: If Rachel actually becomes part of Team Ragna, she would want her words to weigh more and force Valk into this: no way she's tolerating Tao.

My continuity-breaking teams, just for lulz.

Hero Team:
- Ragna
- Rachel Alucard
- Valkenhayn R. Hellsing

Rivals Team:
- Jin Kisaragi
- Noel Vermillion
- Tsubaki Yayoi

NOL Successors Team:
- Kagura Mutsuki
- Bang Shishigami
- Amane Nishiki (Don't ask why he's here, he's always where you don't wanna see him anyway.)

Sector Seven Team:
- Iron Tager
- Makoto Nanaya
- Azrael

Vigilante Team:
- Bang Shishigami
- Carl Clover
- Taokaka

Rogues' Gallery Team (aka the useless team):
- Bullet
- Taokaka
- Litchi Faye-Ling

Evil Team:
- Arakune
- Hazama
- Relius Clover

Boss characters (treat them all as unlimited since you're kinda supposed to take them 3-on-1):
- Terumi
- Kokonoe
- Unlimited Rachel
- Hakumen
- Nu
- Unlimited Ragna

At this rate, we have so few teams that we need a crossover with Guilty Gear, just saying. Sunglasses

Last edited by Youna Amanogawa on Sat May 03, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bullet
Carl Clover
Carl Clover
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 6:18 pm

Interesting, you used a lot of concepts from the actual KOF (the names "Hero Team" and "Rival Team", the bosses to be fought 3-on-1), however there is something I don't get: why is Bang mentioned twice? O.o
Back to top Go down
Nu-13
Admin
Nu-13

Anzahl der Beiträge : 530

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 6:02 am

Because he´s so useless, you need two of him.
Back to top Go down
http://blazbluerpg.home-forum.com

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:14 am

Nu wrote:
Because he´s so useless, you need two of him.
Nah, it's because he fits the two teams. And I couldn't really put anyone else. I wonder why the Vigilante Team exists because it's useless.

Besides, Tao is up there twice too, on the two useless teams :) Because it's TAO.

Therefore, Edit Time!
*cue Guilty Gear X Blazblue live concert music*

BlazBlue Team:
- Ragna The Bloodedge
- Jin Kisaragi
- Noel Vermillion

Guilty Gear Team:
- Sol Badguy
- Ky Kiske
- Sin Kiske (yeah, he's not ever been playable in a fighter, but hey, why the hell not?)

Midnight Team:
- Rachel Alucard
- Valkenhayn R. Hellsing
- Slayer

Japan Team:
- Anji Mito
- Chipp Zanuff
- Baiken

Vigilante Team:
- Bang Shishigami
- Taokaka
- Carl Clover

Assassins' Guild Team:
- Zato-ONE
- Millia Rage
- Venom

Sector Seven Team:
- Iron Tager
- Makoto Nanaya
- Kokonoe

Evil Team:
- Hazama
- Relius Clover
- I-No

Bosses:
- Hakumen
- Nu-13
- Terumi
- Testament
- Justice
- Order Sol

16 characters to 14 in favor of BlazBlue, but hey, we're in a BB forum. So here's your present. For those who want Mai or Celica in the game, I'll put them with Dizzy in the Useless Moeblob Team. Happy?
Back to top Go down
Bullet
Carl Clover
Carl Clover
Bullet

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Well, if you wanna really make it KOF-like, then there should be a great majority of Blazblue guys, one or two Guilty Gear teams, and some spin-off teams from other videogames made by Ark System Works. And there shouldn't be mixed teams...
Something like this (trying to follow continuity, as in, pairing people who have a reason for wanting to join forces as of the events of the games):

Hero Team
Ragna
Tao (I WANT HER IN RAGNA'S TEAM, OK?)
Rachel

Rival Team
Jin
Noel
Kagura

Sector Seven Team
Kokonoe
Iron Tager
Makoto

Vigilante Team
Bang
Carl
Litchi

Susano'o Team
Hakumen
Valkenhayn
Platinum

Guilty Gear Team
(I am not an expert of Guilty Gear, but just toss here 3 main characters from Guilty Gear that would have a reason to join forces)

Spin-off Team 1

Spin-off Team 2

NOL Team*
Hazama
Relius
Tsubaki (brainwashed)

Robo-girl Team*
Lambda-11
Mu-12
Nu-13

*Upon reaching the 8th level out of 10 in the arcade mode, the player would face the Unlimited form of a single member of one of these teams, picked at random by the AI, in a 3-on-1 match. This would act as a sub-boss battle. If playing as the Rival Team, the player would never get Mu-12. If playing as one of these teams, the player would get Unlimited Ragna as sub-boss instead.
On level 9, the player would face the last of the official teams (it would be the "finals" of the team tournament), and then on level 10 the true final boss, that should be something so powerful to be recognized as a serious threat for everyone, included characters from other games... Izanami maybe?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: It's KOF-style BlazBlue, not BlazBlue X KOF!!!   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 4:05 pm

Bullet wrote:
Well, if you wanna really make it KOF-like, then there should be a great majority of Blazblue guys, one or two Guilty Gear teams, and some spin-off teams from other videogames made by Ark System Works. And there shouldn't be mixed teams...
Something like this (trying to follow continuity, as in, pairing people who have a reason for wanting to join forces as of the events of the games):
Truth be told, KOF '94 had not too many original characters. This amounted to the Japan and USA Team, Choi and Chang, Chin, Heidern, Rugal, and that's about it.
Besides, BlazBlue is clearly not the "main" game of Arc System Works. In fact, if Arc ever went SNK, there would be one BlazBlue Team, one Guilty Gear Team, and that'd be about it, except maybe the odd one or two other teams with a character or two from whichever one. Besides, there has been mixed teams in KoF history, at the very least the Women's Team.
And one thing's for sure: If that happens complete with original character overload and separate storyline, Tao will not make it. lol
Let's make another lineup that somehow considers BB the center of attention.

Hero Team:
Ragna
Rachel
Amane (he just has an underlying motif that SCREAMS he's gonna do something heroic)
Rival Team:
Jin
Noel
Nu
Guilty Gear Team:
Sol
Ky
Sin (he's not yet been playable in a fighter, but idc!)
Persona 4 Arena Team:
Yu
Elisabeth
Aigis
Useless Vigilante Team:
Tao
Carl
Litchi
New NOL Team:
Kagura
Bang
Tsubaki
Joke Character Remix Heart Team
Mai
Taro
Cajun (she is supposed to be one of the main characters, right?)
Sector Seven Team:
Tager
Makoto
Kokonoe

Once you have beaten every team, you get that team to battle, except if you're playing as them in which case they "swap" places with the Hero Team:

Evil Team (Yes, it's a composite team, but it's the sub-boss team for everyone):
Relius
I-No
Shadow Labrys

And then you get one of those juggernauts to fight 3-on-one:

Final Bosses:
Terumi
Justice (for the GG team)
Hakumen (for the Evil Team)
Shadow Aigis (for the Persona Team)

And if you did too god, well:

True Final Boss:
Izanami (can't get more threatening than a goddess of death, can you? Don't forget to add an entrance where she instakills the one that should've been your final boss and calling them useless while they're dead)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF   Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just for fun: Blazblue x KOF
Page 1 of 1